What can be used where and how long to dry?
(This Guide is Dependant on climate conditions & Finish)
Guide For Paint Coverage
A flat paint can have a wipeable finish, it is a paint that has no shine so it minimises surface imperfections. It is best for low traffic areas.
Eggshell is a washable, durable paint with a subtle sheen that helps hide surface imperfections. It is best for low to moderate traffic areas.
SATIN / SATINWOOD
Satin sheen has added durability without the shine. It is a scrub able, durable paint best for moderate to high traffic areas.
Semi-Gloss has outstanding durability, stain resistance, scrub ability and shine. It is recommended for high traffic areas.
Gloss has maximum durability, stain resistance, scrub ability and shine. It is recommended for high traffic areas such as trim and cabinets, and areas that need maximum moisture resistance.
Paint Sheen Summary
1. The flatter the paint, the better it will hide surface imperfections
2. Flatter paint makes touch-ups easier and more seamless
3. The glossier the finish, the greater the durability
4. Generally, the higher the gloss, the more washable and scrubbable the surface
5. Gloss surfaces offer more mildew resistance because they are less porous