REMOVAL OF WALLPAPER & PASTE.
We at Intserv Painting can recommend using the *.* Paper Tiger – Wallpaper covering Scoring Tool – Triple Head
*.*Triple Headed Paper Tiger Wall covering Scoring Tool perforates waterproof wall coverings so remover solution can penetrate and re-solubilize paste. The Paper Tiger’s three patented scoring modules punctures the paper to let water attack the paste. This tool does what it says, remember not to press too hard as to blunt the rotating wheels, but press firmly enough as to perforate the wall covering.
Or if you would like Intserv can do it for you !!
Contact us today for your free estimate.
The Fabric Softener Recipe.
1. Cover the floor of your work area to prevent the glue from getting onto your carpet or other flooring surfaces. Cover any other furniture you cannot remove from the room with these materials.
2. Remove the wallpaper from the walls, leaving only the glue residue and small pieces of the paper. You can remove the paper by moistening it with water or using other remedies and peeling the paper loose from the walls.
3. Measure 3 cups of fabric softener and pour it into an empty spray bottle. Add a cup of water to the softener, fasten the spray bottle and roll the bottle across a tabletop or the floor to prevent suds while diluting the fabric softener with the water.
4. Spray the solution onto one wall at a time. Allow the solution to sit on the wall for five minutes.
5. Scrape the wallpaper paste from the walls, using a plastic putty knife or spatula to prevent damage to the walls. Wipe off the knife or spatula with a paper towel after each wipe.
1. Cover floors and furniture you cannot remove from the room with old sheets and newspapers. Drape the covering over the floor and furniture to prevent glue from dropping onto these items or surfaces.
2. Measure 2 cups of water and combine in an empty spray bottle. Add a cup of white vinegar to the water. Seal and shake the bottle to mix the two ingredients.
3. Spray the vinegar and water solution all over the walls. Allow the solution to stand on the walls for at least 10 minutes.
4. Scrape the glue residue from the walls with a plastic spatula or plastic putty knife. Avoid using any metal or hard plastic scraping utensils that may puncture or damage the walls. Wipe glue residue off the utensil and onto a paper towel frequently to aid in removing the wallpaper paste from the walls.